Thursday, December 10, 2015

Would the real Andrea please stand up.

Do you ever get the feeling that everyone else in the world is handling life better than you are? I’ve been feeling that way lately, and I don’t like it one little bit. I’m usually the organized one—the person people look to when they need something done. But not right now. I seem to have lost my edge.

It started with a deadline ….

Chaos, the latest in my Omega Group series was way behind schedule. My deadline was looming and I was nowhere near where I needed to be, so I sacrificed sleep and peace of mind to make it happen. It worked, but the moment that ended, Thanksgiving popped up out of nowhere and sucked me right back into the craziness. The following week brought the launch for Chaos and several birthdays in my family. Now, it’s two weeks away from Christmas and I just finished decorating the house.


Image result for stressed out

Oh, and did I mention that I have ten family members coming to spend the holidays with us? Yep, you read that correctly. Ten. So, not only do I need to have my home ready to sleep all of those extra people (which it isn’t), and my kitchen ready to feed all of those extra people (which it isn’t), but I also need to have my brain working at full capacity to handle all of those extra people (which it most definitely isn’t).

Even this blog post is a week late.

But, none of that is what’s bothering me. Life always gets crazy at this time of year, for everyone. What’s driving me crazy this year is that I’m handling it so poorly. Where did that hyper-organized, type A personality, take no prisoners woman that I used to be go? I really miss her, and could use her guidance right about now. At the very least, she would give me a much needed kick in the pants and tell me to stop my whining and get on with what needs to be done.

Hmm. That’s actually pretty good advice, now that I think about it. There are fourteen whole days left before Christmas. That’s three hundred and thirty-six hours I can fill however I choose. There isn’t much I can’t accomplish in that amount of time, so what am I getting so worked up about? It’s Christmas. It’s family. It’s life. Deal with it.


Image result for pep talk

Thanks for the pep talk, guys. I needed that. Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment